- Analyze the composition of the RCA team. Explain what knowledge they can contribute to the RCA.
- Describe the collaboration in the case study that led to effective problem solving. Identify the evidence you observe in the scenario that demonstrates effective collaboration and the avoidance of blaming.
- Explain the team’s process in testing for and eliminating root causes that were not contributing.
- Select one of the performance improvement charts presented in the scenario and critique its effectiveness by explaining how it contributes to identifying the root cause and determining a solution to prevent repeat medication errors.
- Identify the contributing factors and discuss how to prevent this kind of error from occurring in the future.