. What are optimizer hints, and how are they used?
What are some general guidelines for creating and using indexes?
Most query optimization techniques are designed to make the optimizer’s work easier. What factors should you keep in mind if you intend to write conditional expressions in SQL code?
4. What recommendations would you make for managing the data files in a DBMS with many tables and indexes?
15. What does RAID stand for, and what are some commonly used RAID levels?
. Assuming that you generate 15,000 invoices per month, what recommendation would you give the designer about the use of derived attributes?
30. Assuming that you follow the recommendations you gave in Problem 29, how would you rewrite the query?
31. What indexes would you recommend for the query you wrote in Problem 30, and what SQL commands would you use?
32. How would you rewrite the query to ensure that the index you created in Problem 31 is used?