Your own work
- Please make sure you submit your own thoughts and work
- Please do not copy and paste the work of a classmate
- Please do not copy sentences from your classmates
Instructions and Requirements
- Review the above texts before completing this discussion forum.
- You will be graded on the quality and clarity of your commentary. Please proofread your work.
- Use MLA format when quoting and/or paraphrasing.
- Quote from the text.
- Use formal language.
- Do not use contractions
- Nick Bilton explains his argument that technology “[connects] us to people who are not with us, geographically or physically, and make us feel a little less alone in this big confusing world […] in the end, as people use the things we create for harm, there will be a lot more instances when they are used for good” (Bilton). Respond to and critique Bilton’s point of view.
- The author, Nicholas Carr, believes that his attention span has decreased, and he attributes this to Internet usage. What do you think of his theory, and what critiques can you offer? How do his assertions compare to your own experience?
- Evaluate Carr’s and Bilton’s use of evidence. Who has more credible/convincing research? Explain with specific examples.
- Please answer ONE of the following questions with a thoughtful response of to paragraphs by Wednesday 12th may