You will intervene by proposing an intervention, and coming up with a strategy for carrying out that intervention. Generalist practice social work often requires actors to be flexible and ready to adapt to the needs or demands of the community. Interventions that are effective for some problems today, might not be viable options for problems in the future. As you discuss ways to intervene on macro/mezzo levels, you must also be prepared to evaluate their strategies for effectiveness, and in addition to being poised for change, have some insight on alternate strategies that might be useful in the future. This will give you the opportunity to carry out the evaluation portion of this study. For these reasons, KEY ASSESSMENT #2 not only looks at interventions, recommendations, and strategies for addressing unmet needs, but it also asks you to think about how those strategies will be evaluated, what their effective reactions would be, and how they would respond to ineffective interventions.
1. What recommendations do you have for creating change or developing the community? Address specifically the following points:
2. Describe the community organizing strategy you would employ to advance your community development goals. Address specifically the following points:
3. If you were to evaluate the impact of your proposed change or community development effort, how would you do it? Address specifically the following points:
4. What have your affective reactions or feelings about the process of assessing and considering engagement with this community been? What personal experiences or beliefs do you have that impact your emotional reactions? How would you manage your reactions, if you were working in a professional setting? VIe, VIIe.
5. Brief conclusion (1-2 paragraphs)
6. Reference page