Assignment 1: Analysis Paper
Research and discuss each companys history of existence, the information systems utilized by each company, and the advantages and disadvantages of employing information systems to manage people, organizations, and technology. Also, include a comparison of the information system types in the analysis and the business purpose(s) of the system. The written assignment should follow APA formatting style. This written research paper should be a minimum of1,000 wordsin length and include responses to address the associated questions.
- What is the corporations history of existence and what products and/or services does the company offer?
- Each company employs what types of information systems? Such as management information systems, HR systems, transaction processing systems, etc.
- Are there similarities in the business information systems employed by the companies being analyzed?
- How can information systems be used for companies to establish a competitive advantage?
- How does the company use information systems to manage data collection and manipulate data?
Management Information Systems Assignment 2: Case Study
About this Assignment
In this course, you have learned that businesses utilize database management systems (DBMS) to store, organize, retrieve, manipulate, and report data. For this assignment, each student will submit an analysis of the business scenario for the ABC corporation. The ABC corporation business scenario is based on a fictitious company that is developing a database management system (DBMS) for storage of product, customer, and sales data. Audience: upper-level business students.
The ABC corporation business scenario provides a foundation in which to examine the components of a database management system (DBMS), development of a system for business purposes and data collection, manipulation, and storage. The ABC corporation analysis should discuss the use of database management systems in business and examine how a DBMS presents a centralized view of data that can be accessed by multiple users. The written essay should be a minimum of1,000 wordsin length and follow the APA formatting standards.
The ABC corporation is a newly established company and the owner is looking for an efficient method of collecting, storing, and manipulating data. The corporation offers a variety of pet supplies and is initially a retailer that is currently selling products only online. As the corporation grows, it plans to also include physical retail locations in which to add services to the companys offerings.
As a startup business, the ABC corporation needs to implement a database management system to allow the collection and sharing of business data among the employees; thus, the database management system should allow for multiple users. The corporation is currently gathering information about database management systems and seeking a contractor to create and implement the system. Business data will be organized in a logical manner and will be retrieved using a client-server network.
In your analysis provide the ABC corporation with information on database management systems and a recommendation from a contractors perspective. Information you are providing the ABC corporation should include the following:
- Provide a definition of a database management system (DBMS) and discuss the purpose(s) in business.
- Introduce the business scenario to analyze and discuss the benefits of implementing a database management system.
- Describe what business data the company would benefit from collecting and manipulating.
- Explain how a company uses a database management system to manage data collection, manipulate data and realize benefits from usage of a database management system.
- Discuss the components of a DBMS and the process of developing a DBMS for implementation.
- Discuss why companies utilize various systems for domestic and global business functions.
Management Information Systems Assignment 3: Research Paper
The research paper will have seven sections of management information systems concepts and should be a minimum of1,500 wordsin length. Students should include responses to address the associated questions organized by section.
- A detailed definition of management information systems What is the definition of a Management Information System (MIS)? What is the purpose of utilizing management information systems in a business environment?
- Evolution of management information systems How have management information systems evolved with the changes in the business environment?
- Management information system elements What elements are included in a management information system?
- Competitive advantage(s) and benefits of implementing management information systems in business Why do businesses employ management information systems to manage business operations and provide management with information? How does the company use management information systems to realize a competitive advantage?
- Management information systems implementation *How does a business implement a management information system? What are the advantages and benefits of implementing a management information system?
- Departmental/specialized use of management information systems *Why do businesses utilize departmental/specialized management information systems?
- Privacy issues and concerns when utilizing management information systems What are some examples of privacy issues that become a concern when a business utilizes management information systems?