A. Create a multimedia presentation (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple
Keynote), that includes presenter notes, about the medication reconciliation
application of an EHR for the board of directors. Include the following in
1. Explain the features of a medication reconciliation application as a selling
point for the EHR.
2. Describe how the medication reconciliation function could be used to
improve healthcare delivery as a selling point for the EHR.
3. Describe how the medication reconciliation function could improve patient
safety as a selling point for the EHR.
4. Describe how the medication reconciliation function could improve
regulatory compliance with CMS quality measures or Joint Commission
standards as a selling point for the EHR.
5. Explain how the medication reconciliation application could be
B. Within the multimedia presentation, explain the ethical and legal issues for
the use of medication reconciliation applications by doing the following:
1. Discuss ethical or legal issues as they pertain to clinical end users of a
medication reconciliation application.
2. Propose two ethical guidelines for clinical end users of the medication
reconciliation application at Felder Community Hospital, including the
purpose of each ethical guideline.
3. Describe consequences that should be enforced at Felder Community
Hospital for violating ethical or legal guidelines regarding the use of a
medication reconciliation application, including why the consequences
should be enforced.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references,
for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.