Select a neighborhood that you have knowledge about (the neighborhood that you currently live in or grew up in). Consider the neighborhood that you have selected to use for this assignment. Think of the neighborhood system as a whole and respond to the following items in essay form (items 7 and 8 require a listing rather than essay response):
1. Describe the neighborhood where is it located, what kinds of people reside there, etc.
2. Describe the territorial boundaries that define the neighborhood and how they affect the neighborhood.
3. How permeable are the boundaries between your neighborhood and adjacent neighborhoods?
4. Draw a circle on a piece of paper then draw three circles on the paper in the area outside of your first circle.
a. Identify systems that interface with your neighborhood. These are systems outside or your neighborhood. We have discussed them as systems within the supra system.
b.Write the name of your neighborhood on the first circle that you drew on your paper.
c.Write the names of the three systems that you have identified in the 3 outer circles on your paper.
5. Discuss the boundaries between your neighborhood and the systems in the external environment/suprasystem- how permeable are they? how are they maintained by each system?
6. Pick any one boundary and discuss how it affects the social functioning of your neighborhood.
7. Keeping the concept of your neighborhood as a whole in mind, identify 4 system inputs.
8. Keeping the concept of your neighborhood as a whole in mind, identify 4 system outputs.
9.Keeping the concept of your neighborhood as a whole in mind, discuss the concept of interdependence with examples.
10. Discuss examples of how your neighborhood self-regulates and maintains homeostasis.
11. Choose one example of input, output, interdependence, or homeostasis and discuss how it impacts the social functioning of your neighborhood.
12. Select two other system terms, e.g. goals, subsystems, feedback, etc. describe the concept and provide examples of it in your neighborhood.
13.Draw a Genogram of your family or an Ecomap
I decide to complete a genogram, please include at least 3 generations. If you decide to complete an Ecomap, please include at least 10 system connections. You can reference your textbook page. 64 and on for example.
The post Social Systems Theory first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.